• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Question about piracetam

sheepie

Bluelighter
Piracetam and social anxiety

I have pretty bad social anxiety on Concerta... but I need it to do well in school.

It makes me so anxious I want to jump out of my skin whenever I talk to someone or do anything.

When I'm sober, I get a little anxious, nothing I can't handle though.

I decided to stop using concerta and switch to piracetam instead, but I'm not sure how it will affect my anxiety.

Will piracetam increase my anxiety?

Last edited:
lol are u kidding me ? you were just giving advice in another thread about same issue and it was opposite of what to expect, now you ask similar question in your own thread.

shush now

i know a lot about social anxiety

i was just wondering if it makes it worse

now if u dont have anything useful to say, stfu

thanks

on a more serious note: I find piracetam is great but i dont think its a replacement for concerta. Give it a shot, but don't expect miracles.

Many note increased anxiety with piracetam too. Its slight, bit its definetly there for me

Thanks for the non-useless input

I actually did quite a bit of research and many many people say that it's actually anxiolytic (eases anxiety) without a sedating effect. But we all respond to things differently in the long run.

To each his own I guess

I definitely feel like it has helped me overcome my social anxiety, but don't expect the piracetam alone to do the job for you. I can't say for sure though. It's so cheap just try it out. If it doesn't help you with your anxiety it might help you to focus easier which has helped me so much in school.

I found a little bit of anxiety with piracetam but mainly it was compounded when I took DMAE (a potent choline donator) with it.

piracetam without choline donation is pretty weak imo.

at least eat a few eggs before you take piracetam.

so what is the verdict? Piracetam needs a choline buddy to make it a fun day at the fair, or choline buddy gives you a bad headache and is not needed and will eat your popcorn and cotten candy?

doesnt need it but it certainly boosts the cognitive effects

best imo for writing when talking can tend to trip over words speeding ahead to get out complex thoughts.

I've come to a conclusion: it really helps.

I find when I talk to people and/or have a lot of people look at me (asked a question in a classroom), without piracetam, my thoughts would race and I would forget who I am. With piracetam, I can think clearly and focus on the question and/or conversation at hand.

By the way, what are your dosages?

3-4g x 2 per day (morning and afternoon)

For those wondering whether it replaces concerta, it sort of does. It doesn't give me that extra boom concentration in class, but it definitely helps me concentrate because I think more rationally. IE before it was "I'm so boored" now it's "This is kind of boring but I need to do it". It's also easier to focus.

indeed. i remember when i was in school trying to rail some huge lines on some stairs during lunch.

indeed. i remember when i was in school trying to rail some huge lines on some stairs during lunch.

hahaha wow that's straight up ridiculous.

@sheepie, I usually take about 1 - 1.5g w/ 750 - 1000mg of choline citrate once a day. I've stopped taking it in the mornings before class since it didn't do much anyway besides potentiate caffeine. I felt like it made me more sleepy once I got home from school. Whenever I feel the need for extra clarity (usually during periods where I need focus and concentration) I take about a gram like previously stated along with yerba mate. It's an excellent combination. If I really need to cram I drink a cup of coffee in place of mate and I end up being a speed demon for an hour or so before my focus goes down the shitter.

The best way to accomplish materials is to start a few days ahead of the due date, research a little bit each day, write a few paragraphs or pages, or maybe even just a general outline to structure your thoughts. On consecutive visits on your work, you'll notice discrepancies, ability to alter sentence structure and thought placement at the same time allowing you to really immerse yourself and become interested in the materials because you are not pressured by time. If I'm pressured by a really close upcoming deadline, I end up just racing through my work, half assing everything and when I'm done I don't even want to look at it anymore. With extra time you can go back and edit your work allowing you to knit a really nice paper.

My favorite combination is 1.5g piracetam w/ 1g choline citrate, yerba mate, and a calm mental state. For the cram sessions I like 15 - 20mg 4-fluoroamphetamin (4-FA or 4-FMP) or 7mg of 2c-d along with 1.5g piracetam and yerba mate. I usually just do my work sober now with the help of low dose caffeine.

I'd recommend yerba mate to you in combination with piracetam as it may just diminish your anxiety. It certainly helped with mine,